Source: Messe Berlin
Developments in the transport industry are rapid. New solutions are constantly entering the market. They are intended to prevent traffic from collapsing in urban environments while at the same time making rural areas more accessible.
National and international exhibitors will be showing how this is to work at InnoTrans 2018, which this year has the motto "Mobility: Innovative - Multimodal - Sustainable". The world's leading trade fair for transport technology will open its doors to trade visitors from 18 to 21 September 2018. From 22 to 23 September 2018, the public will then have the opportunity to marvel at the latest developments on the open-air and track grounds of the Berlin trade fair.
Source: Messe Berlin
Companies of distinction in the industry will present their solutions at “Funkturm” in Berlin.
What is Kontron’s contribution to the future developments in transportation?
This is illustrated by Robert Negre, Vice President of Business Development with Kontron: “As a leader in Embedded Computing and IoT, we are committed to providing customers in the transportation industry with our broad expertise as well as rail-certified computing platforms. In cooperation with our parent company S&T, we are perfectly positioned to support transportation companies in their transition to smart-rail industry and connected transportation providers. Data collection, data analytics, data exchange and the associated services is our core business, actively leading the transportation industry into the digital era."
How Kontron helps to support transportation companies in their transition to becoming smart and connected transportation providers.
These include easily customizable EN50155 certified computer profiles running on the Kontron TRACe product range family. The portfolio is suited for application scenarios such as video surveillance, passenger entertainment and infotainment, passenger information systems, rolling stock control systems, and fleet management. With these products Kontron support the expansion and renewal of the railway infrastructure, e.g. with the company's industrial monitors (HMI) and special displays.
Interested in the details?
Come to hall 2.1., booth 315 and see the latest solutions.
The product highlights in a brief overview:
- TRACe V407-TR: The fanless computer delivers video processing capabilities and real-time analysis, video streaming, and video storage to match video surveillance requirements. TRACe V407-TR, the model presented at the show, is based on the powerful Intel® Core ™ i7-6600U (dual-core @ 2.6 GHz) processor.
- TRACe-B404-TR: This computer features three MiniPCIe slots offering easy customization such as GSM, GPRS, 3G, LTE, 4G, GPW, WLAN, or Bluetooth. This fanless computer was designed for harsh environments. The model presented at the show is based on the Intel® Atom ™ x5-E3940 (quad-core @ 1.6 GHz) processor.
- TRACe-LoRa-MQTT is a ready-to-use fanless platform offering LoRa ™ local network and transforming messages to MQTT streams. The platform embeds a LPWAN (Low Power Wide Area Network) LoRa(TM) radio concentrator that can sustain up to eight communication channels simultaneously, including Ethernet connectivity from one of the two GbE M12X-coded connectors. The connection to the Cloud server is secured by TLS connection using private keys on both sides, the TRACe gateway and the Cloud server.
- SafeVX: Meet the architecture already deployed worldwide by several leading rail signalling suppliers. SafeVX illustrates the use of redundant CPU and switch blades to address the reliability level required by safety critical applications. SafeVX is designed and assembled in a Kontron facility to support SIL-ready solutions and application softwares, bearing the ISO/TS 22163 (formerly IRIS) Certificate, the worldwide recognised system for auditing railway suppliers.
-VX3052: Kontron VX3052 is based on the Intel® Pentium® D1508 processor. This new 3U VPX CPU board defines a new performance class for SwaP-optimized (size, weight, and power) high-performance Embedded Computing applications, ideally suited for long term transportation programs, featuring all basic hardware functions to match safety requirement demanded in railways life critical computer platforms.
- TRACe HMID104 is an EN50155 compliant fanless and maintenance-free 10.4" Panel PC featuring a PCAP display with touch panel tailored for the railway and transportation industry. It can be quickly adapted to different requirements as a flexible platform for developers of train control systems, for instance, for train operation, for providing passenger information systems, or for other onboard computers. In addition, the TRACe HMID104 features UIC612-01 hardkeys. The front plate complies with protection class IP65, protecting the front against dust and splash water. The panel display computer is based on the Intel® Atom ™ processor and is easily upgradable and scalable using mini PCI-E card slots.
You are interested in smart solutions that help to solve problems which occur in and around transportation?
You want to meet the future needs of customers, who travel on public transport and railways?
You need smart and cost-effective products to create your special solutions? Meet Kontron at Innotrans, Hall2.1, booth 315 or find more information here: